Happy New Year everyone, and welcome 2016! My last post wrapped up all of the great memories I had in 2015, so now I’m making a 2016 bucket list post of things I want to do to make this year even better! Here is everything that I want to do in the new year:
This is my annual stereotypical New Years resolution: eat healthy & exercise. I’m really going to do it this year! …maybe
I have my passport ready to go, and gas is cheap, so hopefully I’ll be able to do a lot of traveling both in and out of the country! I’m ready to go visit Josh and take lots of road trips with my girls!
To say I’ve been watching a lot of HGTV would be an understatement. Now, I’m ready to tackle my own project, my bedroom. I painted it pink in middle school, and let’s just say it still looks like that. I can’t wait to see the final transformation. Here is a picture of my bedroom inspiration!
By the end of the year, my goal is to be a professional “pinterester.” Let’s see how many projects I can accomplish from my diy board on Pinterest this year! I also want to go to a ton of yard sales in the summer to see what I can find and refurbish.
I bought a DSLR camera last October because I love taking pictures and wanted to learn to take better ones. I’ve rarely used it since then. I already have my friends lined up to practice on them this year! Hopefully I can learn enough and am talented enough to offer photography services to the community.
I love makeup and wear it everyday. I’d love to improve on my skills and grow my makeup collection.
Spending times with my friends is so important to me. I want to spend as much time as I can with them as possible! They make everything so much funner! We’ve got a lot to do this year!
I can’t wait to get do everything on my list! I think that 2016 is going to be the best year yet! Stay tuned to hear all about it!
2015 is officially coming to a close. It was one of the best years that I’ve had so far! I just wanted to take some time to share some stories and highlights from throughout the year.
• My favorite part of the year was having Josh back in the United States for almost 4 months after being stationed in Japan for two years. He came home on February 15th, and tried to surprise me because I thought he wasn’t coming home until the following week. Nice try, but I figured him out! While he was home, we spent as much time as we possibly could together and ate at nearly every restaurant in town. After his leave was over, he completed MSG (Marine Security Guard) school in Virginia, and I made at least six road trips down there to see him every chance I could. On June 4th, he was off on a plane again to his next duty station in Mongolia. I haven’t seen him since then, but we have big plans for 2016!
• I paid off my car! I bought a 2012 Ford Focus named Elsa in April of 2014 and submitted my final payment in May of 2015. She was my first “big girl” purchase. We’ve spent nearly 26,000 miles together already with many more to come.
• Two words: Country. Concerts. Need I say more? My best friend Rica and I went to so many over the summer! My favorites were Parmalee, Lee Brice, Blake Shelton, and Keith Urban, but of course I love them all. The best experience was the time we met Parmalee at a local bar/concert venue and got to hang out on their tour bus. I am still fan-girling about it to this day. I love them. Enough said.
• I got to meet up with my long distance bff in Washington, D.C. I haven’t seen her since last summer, so it was great to catch up and see her again. I also got to become an auntie because she had a beautiful baby girl earlier this month!
• I finally turned 21! I’m an adult now! (even though people still think I’m only 17)
• My biggest accomplishment of the year was graduating from Penn State University with my Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN) at age 21 with ZERO debt. I also already have a year and a half of nursing experience. It took a total of three and a half years to complete my ASN & BSN versus the traditional four year nursing program. I’m not going to lie, I am pretty proud of myself for this.
• I spent a lot of time with my friends which is something I have not done in years past. I don’t know how we did it! It’s so nice knowing that I have such an amazing group of friends that are there for me. There are definitely more girls nights to come in 2016!
Stay tuned to see what plans I have for the new year!